You can make a difference
You can make a one off donation or set up a monthly donation. £12.50 per month would give a light a month. Please gift aid your donation if possible so it goes even further for us and earns tax relief for you.
We would really appreciate a little of your time and moral support and it won’t cost you a penny. Here are ways to help:
- Comment with @mwezifoundation for any relevant social media posts to alert us to them so we can comment, or to draw others’ attention to us.
- Put us forward for your charity of the month or the year at work, school, church, mosque, book club etc.
- Offer us some of your time and expertise. If your company does employee volunteering days, please get in touch. We could use all the help we can get!
- If there is a sponsored event you would like a charity place for in the future – running, swimming, cycling, you name it – we can apply for a place on your behalf. We will pay your entry in return for sponsorship.
- Consider linking your school with one of our schools in Kenya. This could be mainly an educational exchange, but could involve your school raising funds to support one school in particular.
- Follow our social media posts and like and share them.
We believe we have a great deal to offer in terms of corporate partnerships. We light up lives. We facilitate education, we improve the environment and we create employment. We have a particular impact on girls as their education is prioritised due to them having a light, which they wouldn’t have if they were kept off school to work at home, as many have to.
We are effective, lean, transparent and sustainable. We are enablers: we offer a hand up not a hand out. We identify local talent in Kenya and nurture it. We are dedicated and passionate about what we do. If any of these concepts would fit your company, please do get in touch. We are very flexible and will accept various forms of help.
We are very grateful for the support we already receive from the following partners
Mzuri is a marketing, design and digital agency based in Liphook, Hampshire. The similarities between Mzuri and Mwezi are quite uncanny – from the similarity of the company name, brand colours and the fact that both companies have roots in Kenya. Mzuri’s Creative Director and Founder, lived in Kenya until the age of 12. With such strong connections, Mzuri has been delighted to work with Mwezi on a pro-bono basis since 2019, to elevate the Mwezi brand, refresh the website and create a range of marketing materials, to help support the amazing work the charity is doing in Africa.
Bourne Recruitment is a search and selection recruitment company based in the UK but with a focus on Africa.
“Africa is my passion, it’s my vocation and I love it, I’m proud to say. Typically, I’m recruiting for either private equity backed companies with investment companies throughout Africa or its large multinational companies with subsidiaries in Africa. I focus on the manufacturing, FMCG, food and agricultural sectors for senior level positions such as MD’s COO’s CFO’s and General Managers for locals, Ex pats and also diasporas. I’m absolutely delighted to be helping such an incredibly brilliant organisation.” Andrew Bourne
Quintessa provides technical and strategic consultancy, research and software to facilitate a low carbon energy future. As part of its contributions to the wider community, Quintessa is pleased to make donations to charities and other good causes. Areas of focus for charitable donations include education projects in developing countries, which is why Quintessa feels that the Mwezi Foundation is worth supporting.